Protect Your Belongings with Tenant Insurance



If you are renting an apartment or house and your personal property is stolen or damaged by a flood or fire, would the replacement cost be covered? Without a tenant insurance policy, the answer is “no” as your landlord’s insurance will only cover the property itself. Why take the risk of losing your valuable possessions? Tenant insurance, also referred to as renters or contents insurance, is a relatively inexpensive investment that may make a significant difference when disaster strikes.

Whether you are looking for tenant, condo or home insurance in Edmonton, the skilled team at Drayden Insurance Ltd. is here to help. Please fill out the Request A Quote form and let us find the right policy at the right rates! We have 4 area insurance offices in Edmonton, Stony Plain, Fort Saskatchewan and Leduc.  We also have 4 insurance & registry offices in Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Morinville and Westlock for those communities.

Selecting the Right Tenant Insurance

A standard tenant insurance policy covers your belongings. But did you know there is also coverage for much more?

Liability Coverage

Your landlord’s insurance policy will not cover you for liability. Having the right liability insurance is critical as accidents will happen and many can be quite costly. If a guest were to slip and fall in your rental unit, you may be held financially responsible for such things as medical expenses and lost wages.

Additional Living Expenses

If you are forced to evacuate the property due to an insured peril such as a flood or fire, you will be covered for necessary expenses such as the cost of a hotel room.

Factors that Determine Cost

There are many factors that influence the cost of your tenant insurance. Keep in mind that rates will vary by company and the price will be impacted by the following:

  • The type of coverage you select – whether a standard policy or a more comprehensive one
  • Amount of your deductible
  • The limits of your coverage
  • Security features of your building
  • The type of property you rent – home, apartment, townhouse, etc.

Get a Quote for Tenant Insurance

Why take the risk when you can get affordable and comprehensive coverage from Drayden Insurance in Edmonton. Known for home insurance and a range of personal lines including renters coverage, we can insure your valuables and protect you in the event of accidents. Contact one of our insurance locations or simply fill out our form to get started.